Title: Senior Applied Research Scientist
Georgian Partners is a thesis-driven growth equity firm that invests in business software companies across all industries. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of key technology trends by all the software companies we invest in and partner with.
We are looking for an experienced applied research and machine learning scientist to join our team, advance our applied research roadmap, work with startups, and apply the latest research in deep learning, differential privacy, and natural language processing to products in industries such as healthcare, energy, cybersecurity, and education.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with product leadership to translate product requirements into applied research activities.
- Keeping current on the latest research literature in machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, or privacy.
- Identifying new applied research areas, and building collateral around them.
- Researching and developing software prototypes in areas such as differential privacy, explainability of machine learning models, or few-shot learning.
- Working with applied research and machine learning engineers to setup and run experiments in AWS or other cloud environments.
- Performing feature engineering and selection to support the research and development of machine learning models.
- Working with architects and engineers to develop processes, monitoring, and testing automation frameworks to ensure data and machine learning model quality.
- Working with machine learning scientists, engineers, and architects at our portfolio companies to ensure technology transfer.
- Documenting and presenting findings and results internally, to our portfolio companies, and at conferences.
- 3+ years of experience in applied research or machine learning, ideally in a high growth software development environment.
- A PhD or Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or a related quantitative discipline.
- A deep understanding of linear algebra, probability theory, statistics and multivariate calculus.
- A deep understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python or R and proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Experience with common data science and machine learning toolkits such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, MXNet and TensorFlow
- Experience with common visualization toolkits such as Matplotlib and Bokeh
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we would love to chat. Please apply by telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
THE GEORGIAN PARTNERS TEAM.