Title: Director, Product
Location: Toronto, Canada
Georgian Partners is a thesis-driven growth equity firm that invests in business software companies across all industries. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of key technology trends by all the software companies we invest in and partner with.
You will own our product roadmap, lead our Applied AI thesis, partner with our portfolio company CEOs, CPOs, CTOs and other executives on their AI-driven and overall product strategy and execution, assess potential investments, and exploit AI internally for our own firm’s advantage.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the strategy lead and the entire team to set the long-term vision and strategy for our products aligned with our investment thesis areas and portfolio company requirements
- Defining and owning the product roadmap and requirements
- Working closely with the engineering lead and research and engineering team on the development and delivery of software products and drive their adoption into our portfolio companies
- Working closely with the team on the delivery of thesis playbooks
- Leading our firm’s primary research into and the development of our Applied AI thesis
- Publishing articles and speaking at top-tier events to demonstrate our firm’s leadership in Applied AI
- Establishing relationships with industry leaders and top-tier university programs supportive of Applied AI
- Keeping current on emerging technology trends and supporting the evolution of our investment thesis areas
- Developing and executing sessions to help portfolio companies identify, prioritize and gain executive commitment for Applied AI initiatives
- Leading engagements with portfolio companies towards the adoption of AI
- Maintaining relationships with portfolio company leaders, supporting and coordinating requests related to product strategy and management, market positioning, use of technology, or organization
- Creating opportunities for interactions between business and product leaders within portfolio companies, including conferences, newsletters and blogs
- Supporting investment due diligence processes, by evaluating markets, technology, product management and engineering processes, and thesis opportunities.
- Contributing to, maintain, and enhancing assessment scorecards and reports.
- Documenting, presenting and defending findings to the investment team lead on the deal
- Expanding, overseeing, and building support for the adoption of AI within our operations.
- Strong product leadership experience in a high growth software development environment.
- Experience in developing a product strategy around AI.
- Delivered machine learning-driven products.
- An interest in and hands-on experience with machine learning and deep learning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong interest in venture capital and growth equity investing.
You will be working with software companies that are positioned to create value by adopting trends such as:
Applied artificial intelligence: use AI/ML to design, optimize and automate business processes and human decision making.
Security first: lead and differentiate with security and privacy built into software.
Conversational business: enable customers to transact via messaging channels and text and voice-based conversational interfaces.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we would love to chat. Please apply by telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
THE GEORGIAN PARTNERS TEAM.