Title: Director, Product
Location: Toronto, Canada
Georgian Partners is a thesis-driven growth equity firm that invests in business software companies across all industries. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of key technology trends by all the software companies we invest in and partner with.
You will own our product roadmap, partner with our portfolio company CEOs, CPOs, CTOs and other executives on their product strategy and execution, and assess potential investments.
You will be working with software companies that are positioned to create value by adopting trends such as:
- Applied artificial intelligence: use AI/ML to optimize, augment and automate business processes and human decision making.
- Conversational business: enable customers to transact via messaging channels and voice-based conversational interfaces.
- Security first: lead and differentiate with security and privacy built into software.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the team to set the long-term vision and strategy for our products aligned with our investment thesis areas and portfolio company requirements
- Defining and owning the product roadmap and requirements
- Working closely with the engineering lead and research and engineering team on the development and delivery of software products and drive their adoption into our portfolio companies
- Working closely with the team on the delivery of thesis playbooks
- Keeping current on emerging technology trends and supporting the evolution of our investment thesis areas
- Maintaining relationships with portfolio company leaders, supporting and coordinating requests related to product strategy and management, market positioning, use of technology, or organization
- Creating opportunities for interactions between business and product leaders within portfolio companies, including conferences, newsletters and blogs
- Supporting investment due diligence processes, by evaluating markets, technology, product management and engineering processes, and thesis opportunities.
- Contributing to, maintain, and enhancing assessment scorecards and reports.
- Documenting, presenting and defending findings to the investment team lead on the deal
- Strong product leadership experience in a high growth software development environment.
- Delivered machine learning-driven products.
- An interest in and hands-on experience with machine learning and deep learning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong interest in venture capital and growth equity investing.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we would love to chat. Please apply by telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
THE GEORGIAN PARTNERS TEAM.