The Community Manager is responsible for guiding and facilitating the development of a gated B2B online community with the objective to help growing companies solve meaningful business problems. Working with the leadership and staff within the Georgian Partners portfolio companies, to help them share information, the role requires a combination of community management, creative, editorial, technology, and administrative skills. Reporting to the Vice President of Community, the community manager must be able to serve the community as an orchestrator of success and bring facilitation and content engagement best practices and work collaboratively with various programs to develop and grow their groups within the community. This role is located in Toronto, Canada and is required to be in the office.
Interpersonal skills and the ability to build solid working relationships with others are crucial to this role, as much of this job involves interaction with other people. Technical skills and the ability to deliver metric-driven results is also critical. Applicants must be able to guide technical and creative teams and collaborate with thought leaders and senior management.
- Work with the community leadership team to launch the new community – including but not limited to working with the selected vendor to ensure feature sets are launched in alignment with specifications, help manage the beta program, oversee usability testing and community marketing tactics, fulfill content strategy plan.
- Help develop and run online webinars and in-person events in various cities in the US and Toronto, Canada.
Longer term (post-launch):
- Build relationships with members on and offline
- Work closely with various departments to ensure they are supported in the group management and have the information support and resources to ensure their group is vibrant
- Communicating with team members, moderators, and community members to coordinate “expert panels”, “spotlights”, “discussion briefs”, and other community events and content
- Monitors discussions, respond in a timely fashion where appropriate (or ensures relevant responders are “nudged” to respond)
- Fulfill content and community moderation role including setting the content schedule and identifying new content for the site from within and externally, outreaching to members to ensure participation and engagement, maintain a community member engagement database, defining and acquiring user-generated content, supporting forums and other collaborative experience
- Lead efforts in preparing the site on a regular (daily) basis, updating user content highlights, influencing site design, ensuring a consistent user experience
- Oversee member editorial outreach by soliciting new content from members
- Provide support in locating experts and answers to questions received via phone, community posts and e-mail related to topics identified in the community
- Writing weekly newsletters
- Work with web design and development or technology staff to help establish and direct the user interface standards, design guidelines, HTML page design, and content management protocols and provide technical support to members
- Monitors and measures the success of community engagement (i.e. number of active users, number of discussions, etc.), and provides reports
- Identifies and reports on community trends to internal teams and advises on potential opportunities or risks
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, strong writing and grammar skills, attention to detail is a must
- Knowledge of online community platforms essential, experience with Telligent Platform is a significant benefit
- Experience programming events and webinars for a variety of groups
- A minimum of 3 years of community management or knowledge management experience
- Background in the social sciences is a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
Georgian Partners is passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We promote equality and strive to provide all current and prospective employees with support and opportunities. Reasonable accommodations are available to job applicants on request and throughout the application process. If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.