Title: Applied Research Engineer
Georgian Partners is a thesis-driven growth equity firm that invests in business software companies across all industries. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of key technology trends by all the software companies we invest in and partner with.
We are looking for an applied research and machine learning engineer to join our team, develop software products, work with startups, and apply the latest research in deep learning, differential privacy, and natural language processing to products in industries such as healthcare, energy, cybersecurity, and education.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with architects to design, build and optimize software products in our thesis areas.
- Working with applied research scientists to plan, design and implement software components for machine learning projects, such as feature engineering pipelines and machine learning models.
- Developing software prototypes in areas such as differential privacy, explainability of machine learning models, or few-shot learning.
- Performing feature engineering and selection to support the research and development of machine learning models.
- Designing and building infrastructure to improve efficiency of machine learning research and experimentation.
- Working with architects and scientists to develop processes, monitoring, and testing automation frameworks to ensure data and machine learning model quality.
- Working with applied research and machine learning scientists to setup and run experiments in AWS or other cloud environments
- Working with machine learning scientists, engineers, and architects at our portfolio companies to ensure technology transfer.
- Performing code reviews and testing to ensure software quality is high and requirements are met.
- Documenting and presenting findings and results internally and to our portfolio companies.
- 1+ work experience OR multiple internships with distributed software and machine learning system design and implementation, ideally in a high growth software development environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related discipline with proven experience as a software developer or software engineer.
- A deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong software development skills in Python, Java or C++. Python experience is highly desired.
- Good working knowledge of RDBMS, Data Warehouse, NoSQL and Object storage technologies.
- Proficiency in software engineering processes, quality control and continuous integration.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data-driven systems.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
- Experience with common machine learning tool kits such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn and Matplotlib is highly desired.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark is desirable.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we would love to chat. Please apply by telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
THE GEORGIAN PARTNERS TEAM.